Alright lets get this party started. My current pack is the Osprey farpoint 55 pack, and by all standards this bag is amazing. It is a 55 liter versatile bag with a day pack that zips off of the front. It is just under $200.00 and available from www.Ospreypacks.com or even www.REI.com amongst other places.
What I love:
- It is a side loading bag that opens very much like a suitcase. Which makes for ultimate packing versatility.
- There is a day pack that zips easily off the front for, well, day trips.
- Super light allow frame with foam padding for support and comfort (not too sweaty)
- Multiple handle locations for easy transportation and storage
- Both sets of backpack straps have a zip up cover for checked baggage protection
- Comfortable adjusting straps that work for both male and female, seriously this bag fits almost everyone.
- Warranty! "Any product, any reason, any era"
What I wish it had:
- An insulated pocket for a water pack addition
- Hip strap pockets for small accessible goods while packing around
- An included rain cover but thats just me being petty
- Slightly better waterproofing, but this is a side loading pack not a top pack so have to pick your battles!
Overall this pack is suitable for short trips and long journeys. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I'm happy to share any and every bit that I know.
Check it out here!